Hello and welcome to my blog, I am happy to see you here!

If you like something you found here please leave me a comment, I am always glad to hear from our customers and friends!




Saturday, September 29, 2012

Baked eggplant with Parmesan

One more great recipe from National Cuisine Week, baked eggplant with cheese. Originally it was published on Svetlana's blog. I printed it, made some adjustments suitable for our family and I have to say, this recipe is a keeper.

I sliced the eggplant to about 3/8" thick, add some salt and let it sit for about 20 minutes. I brushed the both sides of the eggplant with olive oil and arranged it on a baking sheet lined with foil also brushed with olive oil. I made a mayonnaise spread using a light variety of mayonnaise and some granulated dry garlic powder. Then I spread a thin layer of the mix on top of each slice.

I baked the eggplant slices at 425"F for 15 minutes until they became slightly golden. Then I add some shredded parmesan cheese on top and returned it to oven for additional 5 minutes.

It's delicious like it is, just let it cool a little :) or you can add fresh sliced tomatoes to make it even better.
You can either make an eggplant tomato sandwich  or just top each piece of eggplant with a tomato slice. I also added some freshly ground cracked black pepper on top.
An absolutely great dish, healthy and very easy to make. It will probably become one of my favorites!

3 comments:

Svetlana NES said...

Bon appetite! I'm glad you like this!

Mulberry Whisper said...

I will have to try this - I adore the combination. Looks delicious, too! Svetlana is a great cook!

Arctida said...

Looks interesting! I think I'm gonna try both yours and Sveta's version :)