My friend gave me lots of apple (thank you, Carol!) so I baked a layered apple cake. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe so here it is.
Layered apple cake
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup farina cereal or semolina
1 cup sugar
1 table spoon baking powder
1/2 tea spoon cinnamon
a dash of salt
7 tart medium apples or 13-14 small ones / about 6 cups when shredded. If your apples are sweet you may want to reduce the amount of sugar.
1/4 tea spoon nutmeg
1 stick cold butter (has to be refrigerated until needed)
rectangular baking pan
wax paper or parchment paper
How to make an apple layered cake:
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, divide the mix into 3 parts.
2. Prepare your apples: remove core, seeds and peel. Shred them with vegetable shredder, mix with a nutmeg and divide to 2 parts.
3. Preheat your oven to 350"F degree. Prepare your baking pan: spray it a cooking spray, line with a sheet of either wax or parchment paper and spray the paper.
4. Arrange the layers in your baking pan: spread 1st part of dry ingredients, then add apples on top. Repeat one more time, then add the remaining dry ingredients as a last layer. We got 3 dry ingredients layers and 2 apple ones.
4. Take your butter out of refrigerator, quickly shred it on the same vegetable shredder and arrange on top of last layer.
5. Bake at 350'F for about 45 minutes until the cake will turn golden brown. Remove from the oven, cool it down, slice and serve. It will pair well with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.