Hello and welcome to my blog, I am happy to see you here!

If you like something you found here please leave me a comment, I am always glad to hear from our customers and friends!




Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring in the garden

Springtime in Phoenix is so different. Mornings and nights are nice and cool and the afternoons are hot.
We spend a lot of time in the garden right now trying to prepare it for the hot summer. I planted so much heat resistance plants so I hope we will have some greens through the summer.
I also became obsessed with herbs this spring. We planted some dill, parsley, sage, thyme and oregano. I am freezing or drying the bunches of herbs, adding them to the salads and main dishes and I am thinking about making some herb infused vinegars or oils.

A cup of mint tea is great while I am enjoying my quiet time in the garden.
If you want to make a cup of fresh mint tea just wash some mint leaves and add them to a teapot. 
Pour some boiling water over them, cover with lid and a tea pot cozy or a clean towel. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Pour your fragrant tea in your favorite cup and enjoy! 

5 comments:

FleetingStillness said...

Oh my, this is GORGEOUS!

Lanadearg said...

Beautiful garden! I like fresh mint tea, thanks for sharing!

Katrinshine said...

I brought from market today herbs to plant too)) Basil, parsley and origano

Arctida said...

Ooohhh, how I would like to have my own herbal garden! You are such a lucky girl :)

IrinaN said...

Mint tea... such a great idea! :)