You can make this gorgeous Gothic ring in no time with Albina's easy-to-follow tutorial!
Tools and Materials:
· 2 20ga round dead soft wire – 2 ft
· 1 10 mm bead – 1
· Ring mandrel
· Chain nose pliers
· Wire cutters
1. Cut a piece of 20ga round dead soft wire2 ft (61cm) long.
2. Place a 10 mm round bead in the middle of the wire. Bend the wire down as shown.
3. Place the wire with a bead around the ring mandrel mandrel at ½ size larger than needed. Wrap the wire around the ring. There is one wire on either side of a bead.
4. Wrap each wire around the bead, one side at a time and alternate sides. Your wires will end up in opposite directions.
5. Continue wrapping until you are satisfied with number of wraps or you have at least 2” of wire left on each side.
6. Take the ring from the mandrel.
7. Use the wire end to wrap around the shank. Make 2-3 wraps. Cut the wire. Tack the wire ends with chain nose pliers so they are not poking.
8. Repeat step 7 with another wire end.
© 2011 Albina Manning
For more great tutorials please visit Albina's shop, AroundBeads