If you are hosting a party and not sure where to start here is some ideas for you:
1. Choose a theme for your party, it is always fun.
2. Get some large-scale decorations or a photo background. Everyone is so excited about it and it looks good on photos.
3. Potluck is the easiest way to save some time and work for the hostess.
4. Some food decor and colorful tableware is a must. It's Halloween and it should be fun! Get matching colors napkins, plates, silverware and table cloth. Ask your guests to decorate their dishes.
5. Chain stores have a wonderful selection of Halloween items but don't forget to check garage sales and thrift shops. They might have something unique.
6. If you make the decorations yourself, there is no need to be perfect. Use purchased or free printables for a wall decor, make a colorful pillow out of old Halloween t-shirt, a couple of garlands from cardstock cutouts and you will have some great OOAK things.
7. Be ready to offer your guests some games and dancing. Have costume, best decorated dish or best decorated pumpkin awards.
Halloween is so much fun. Organize it well and everyone will have a great time!